Re: Looking for Duncan Campbell...

Lynne Roberts

This information is clearly a mishmash of information - some accurate and some not and much completely unrelated - someone has combined a lot of various Campbells and assumed that they are related and they are not.  The information about Duncan's burial is relevant but doesn't match other data that I have documented.  On Scotland's People I found many baptism records that were close but none were spot on.  And I should note that Duncan was not Anglican or Presbyterian - he was Methodist.

However, I will spend some time going over this material - it looks familiar - think I've "been there before" - but it's worth a second look.  Thanks

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 8:02 PM Josephine Conray <javc@...> wrote:

Hi Lynne

There are a lot on family trees on Ancestry with not much info but there was one with the same information as yours. Not sure if it your family but it some to work on

On her tree she has the following.

Duncan Campbell / Camble

Birth 5 May 1768 Argylleshire, Scotland, Great Britain

Death 25 September 1850 Radnor, Delaware County. Ohio. USA

Parents

Alexander Campbell about  b1741 Innerhadden, Fortingall, Perthshire

Katherine/Catherine McPhail  About b 1741 Innerhadden, Fortingall, Perthshire

They were married 19 April 1766 Fortingall Perthshire.

Two Chrildren

Donald Campbell 1766

Duncan Campbell or Camble c b1768

Different spelling names

Dorst  -- Darst

Wise – Weiss

Peter Campbell born about 1807 Pennsylvania & died 28 July 1865 Rochester, Racina Co. Wisconsin, USA. Married Elizabeth Winn 24 Jan 1836 Saint Joseph, Indiana, USA

She also has this record in her tree for a  soldier pension might be worth looking into.

UK, Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records, 1760-1920

Name                     Duncan Campbel

Enlistment Age       32

Discharge Age         46

Birth Date              1768

Birth Place              Glenorclay Argyle

Enlistment Year       1800

Discharge Year        1814

Regiment               2nd Battalion 79th Regiment Of Foot

This below is an Ancestry record for a Baptism .

Name:

Duncan Campbell

Gender:

Male

Baptism Date:

Baptism Place:

Fortingall, Perth, Scotland

Father:

Alexander Campbell

Mother:

Katharin

FHL Film Number:

1040116, 0102727

I have search Scotland People and found these records for the Campbell family

Marriage of   CAMPBELL

ALEXANDER

KATHARIN MC PHAIL                                        M

19/04/1766

355/A

10 231

Fortingall

Birth of      CAMPBELL

DONALD

ALEXANDER CAMPBELL/KATRIN MC PHAIL FR116 (FR116)

27/03/1766

355/A

10 109

Fortingall