Re: HOGG BLACKBURN

Dee Horn

It was some info passed down thru the Hogg family  and I had dates from 1703 to 1720 for my  greats grandfather Peter.  I do have quite a bit of info on him and George Washington

Thank You

Dee

On Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 01:16:03 AM MST, Anne Burgess via groups.io <anne.genlists@...> wrote:

The first thing to recognise is that the records you are looking for may not have survived.

The only place to find reliable information online is www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk (SP). You need to register, and then you can look at the index free of charge. To view original images you need to buy credits.

According to the SP index James Hog (one 'g') and Janet Blackburn had 8 children.

Janet, 1716
Peter, 1719
Robert, 1721
James, 1723
Alexander, 1725
William, 1726
Lewis, 1728
Charles, 1729

You may find that the original baptism records contain information about witnesses, who may provide clues to the rest of the family.

What is your source for the birth and death dates of James Hog and Janet Blackburn?

Never believe anything you find online unless it's an image of an original document. In particular do not trust online trees. They can be useful as a pointer to look for information, but they are not reliable. You have to check the source of every bit of information.