HOGG BLACKBURN

Dee Horn

trying to find info on my 6th great grandfather

James Hogg
1680 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
about 1760 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

He married in early 1700's ?

Janet Blaickburn/Blackburn
22 Jul 1689 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
30 Apr 1730 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

His son Peter and a couple of brothers moved to Virginia and married Elizabeth Taylor and fought the Indians with George Washington,  He was a Captain in Washington's forces

None of the info i find on this family matches.  I found one site that said James father was William Hogg who married Barbara Hume and another said he was Charles Hogg.  This is a long standing dead end for me.

Would appreciate any help.

Dee Horn