Re: McKays in Moray

Josephine Conray

Hi John

I have been searching Scotland People for the last hour but only found one possible child for Alexander & Margaret and he is:--

Donald McKay to Alexander McKay ONLY no mother name birth 00/01/1807 Parish No 073 Parish 20/165 Knochbain.  (just going on the town)

I was wondering could Alexander have been in the Army and servicing over sea eg: India. Since he was married in 1806 and the only children found so far are Alex ten years & William fifteen years after they were married makes me think they were not in Scotland.

This is the only marriage I could find not sure if it is yours but it was the only one.

Name:

Alexander Mckay

Gender:

Male

Marriage Date:

Marriage Place:

Urquhart and Logie Wester,Ross and Cromarty,Scotland

Spouse:

Margaret Simpson

FHL Film Number:

990660