Re: Ewan Mackay/McKay-Boggierow death

Josephine Conray

Hi Jo

This information is from Scotland People.

Ewen McKay married on 27 6 1819 at Deskford parish 151Ref 20-144 Margaret Russell

There is a death of a Evan McCay  on the 21-12-1842 parish 153 Ref/no 50-478 at Fordyce.

There is a marriage for William McKay to Ann Gray on 00/12/1784 Parish 153 Ref/no 40/408 Fordyce. Scot. So that would make their birth dates about 1763.

These are the children from that marriage on Scotland People

** the one John b1791 could be your Ewan, as I saw on one of the family tree in the early days John was use for Ewan.

I hope this helps

Josephine

Bris. Aust

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joanne Mackay
Sent: Saturday, 11 April 2020 2:56 AM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [ScotGen] Ewan Mackay/McKay-Boggierow death

Hi all

I am enquiring about my GGGG Grandfather Ewen/Ewan/Ewing/Evan/Even Mackay/McKay/McCay (so many diff spellings).

He died 21/12/1842 at Boggierow, Fordyce. He was an Ag Lab and was born c 1791 in Scotland.

He married  in 1819 at Deskford to Margaret Russel.

I have enquired on forums about this family before and don’t want to waste anyone’s time going over info again so I am trying to ask specific questions.

Previous answers have been helpful but I can’t get any traction.

I am trying to find out who his parents were and if he died in Boggierow where would he have likely to have been buried.

He was probably poor and didn’t have a headstone and I haven’t found anything in regards to the death cloth (not sure of its proper title).

What would the population of Boggierow be back in 1842? What newspapers would deaths have been reported to in that area?

Thank you in advance.

Jo Mackay in Australia

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.