Ewan Mackay/McKay-Boggierow death

Joanne Mackay

Hi all

I am enquiring about my GGGG Grandfather Ewen/Ewan/Ewing/Evan/Even Mackay/McKay/McCay (so many diff spellings).

He died 21/12/1842 at Boggierow, Fordyce. He was an Ag Lab and was born c 1791 in Scotland.

He married  in 1819 at Deskford to Margaret Russel.

I have enquired on forums about this family before and don’t want to waste anyone’s time going over info again so I am trying to ask specific questions.

Previous answers have been helpful but I can’t get any traction.

I am trying to find out who his parents were and if he died in Boggierow where would he have likely to have been buried.

He was probably poor and didn’t have a headstone and I haven’t found anything in regards to the death cloth (not sure of its proper title).

What would the population of Boggierow be back in 1842? What newspapers would deaths have been reported to in that area?

Thank you in advance.

Jo Mackay in Australia