Re: Help Please!!!

Josephine Conray

Hi Claude

I have found quite a few family trees on Ancestry for a Alexander John McLeod b 1879 and DIED in the USA in26 March 1964 with father John. Alex was married to Martha Lellaveve Cole 1901-1967

On the USA death Certificate  it has the information as John Alexander McLeod b27 Sep 1870 his mother as Agnes Ross but the father as James McLeod.

Do  you think this could be your Alexander, if so I could look for more information.

Out of all the Trees some have John McLeod born in 1854 Moray Scotland and there are  a few that has his father as James McLeod

Hope this helps

Cheers

Josephine

Qld Aust.

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Claude Hanson
Sent: Monday, 23 March 2020 4:01 AM
To: Scots@scotland-genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] Help Please!!!

Looking for parents of JOHN McLEOD of ALVES who is listed as the father of ALEXANDER JOHN McLEOD b. 27 Sept 1879 in Cothal, Rafford, Elgin the apparently illegitimate child of AGNES  McINTOSH ROSS b. 25 Feb 1856 in Hill of Burgie, Rafford, Elgin - the daughter of JOHN ROSS  of Rafford.  Mother and child continued living in the JOHN ROSS household.  Have found much on the ROSS family and nothing about JOHN McLEOD.  Any help will be appreciated.  Claude

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 11:19 PM Lindsay Graham <LDGraham@...> wrote:

Hello, Claude -- welcome!

This is an email list, not a site.  You simply ask a question and hope that one of the other helpful and knowledgeable people on the list will be able to answer your question and/or point you to websites that may be of help to you.

One of the most important things to do is to make sure you have an appropriate subject heading.  So, if you want to ask a question about the McLeod/Ross family, put the relevant surnames in the subject heading.  If you want to ask a question about anybody from Rafford, Moray county, put that location in the subject heading.  A proper subject heading should grab the attention of people who are interested in or know something about that name or location.  And, it will also make it easier for people searching the archives of this list in future months and years.

So, ask away, Claude (with a new subject heading) -- hope you have lots of luck in your researches.

Lindsay Graham
Canberra, Australia

On 22/3/20 0726, Claude Hanson wrote:

I joined this cite a couple months ago, and actually have not been able to figure out how to use it.  I am particularly interested in connecting with people who are have family ancestors in Rafford, Moray county.  I have done rather extensive work and  have been relatively successful on the John Ross family.  My wife's father, Alexander John McLeod, was the son of John Ross's daughter Agnes McIntosh Ross and on the birth record it says his father was John McLeod of Alves.  He was raised in the John Ross household with his mother.

Could someone help me understand how to use this cite?

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.