Re: McLeay 1830s

Eliz Cook

Thank you.
My Farquhar married Ann Campbell in 1820 in Urray and my rel Colin is his last born 1836. Ann is listed as a crofters widow in Kilmorack in the 1841 census.
However they did have an earlier born son also Farquhar who we think went to America, not in Kilmorack in 1841.
Interesting also Farquhar senior and Ann Campbell had a daughter Margaret who married Simon Fraser in Inverness and had a daughter Ann.
I do not think this Kiltarlity Farquhar is my ancestor Colins brother, but it is possible, and something to keep in mind . He is too young to be Colins father. Of course ages can be incorrect...
My understanding is the family moved from Blarnabee Urray about the time Colin was born and Farquhar died around then.
Mother Ann  and children Colin, Murdoch and Ann McLEAY went to Australia on the Storm Cloud in 1855. Later Granddaughter Ann FRAZER joined them after both her parents died in Scotland.
So many rePeated  names make it difficult.

Elizabeth

On 19 Mar 2020, at 8:59 pm, Seymour Hosking <seymourh@...> wrote:

There is a Farquhar McLeay at Kiltarlity in the 1841 census. He married Ann Fraser in 1837 and they have two children born 1838 and 1839 or so.
He is aged 58 in 1871.