Re: Roll Call

Edie McArthur

Hi Greg,
Do you have a dna match with a Bonnie and a Shirley ona ancestry or do you have rellies of that name.  My former husband has both those ladies and Shirley has a 2cm match with  him.  i hav written to her just now to see where she machess. as she does also match with about four other shared matches.  I think they may be Scottish matches. Definitely one of the shared matches is a descendant of Rob and two of our sons great grandfathers daughter who was conceived in Scotland and she married a fellow William Walker also from Airlie in Scotland.  It is our McArthur  line I am most interested in.  So far no McArthur DNA but several names of different branches of the same lineage as McArthurs  I think McArthur is an inherited name.  Locations Caithness, Sunderland, Lismore.  Our John McArthur was in Cathcart, Renfrewshire, working at the time of his marrige in Cambuslang, Lanarkshire  2 December 1856.  Banns were read in CAthcart.  Trying also to find out which large farms there were in Cathcart at that time..OUr Scottish lines are.
McARTHUR, STEVENSON, ORMISTON. BALFOUR, , , STEVENSON Married into the SPEIRS. Isabella had an illegitimate daughter before her marriage to John McARTHURm Christina Stevenson CAMPBELL, daughter of William CAMPBELL a farmer at Cambuslang. , she married a Robert BLACK at Campsie, Stirlingshire. DOUGAL, LAING, ROBERTSON, BENNIE and WALKER of Stirlingshire, Sct..etc.
regards
Edie McArthur
Tasmania

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 8:22 PM Kenneth Baldwin <kennethb@...> wrote:

Below are the Surnames that I’m researching in Scotland.

  • BRODIE - Parish of Boyndie, Banffshire, SCT;
  • CAMERON - Black Isle, SCT;
  • CLARK - Rhynie & Essie, Aberdeenshire SCT;
  • DEAN - Elgin, Elgin, SCT;
  • GRANT - Rhynie, Aberdeen, SCT;
  • INGLIS - Banff/Moray, SCT;
  • LAURANCE - Banff, SCT;
  • LUMSDEN - Banff, SCT>NZ;
  • MacDONALD - Inverness, SCT;
  • MELVIN - Elgin, Elgin, SCT;
  • McINTOSH - Inverness, SCT > Qld, AUS;
  • McINTOSH - Ross Shire, Scotland>Qld, AUS;
  • McKENZIE - Banff/Moray, SCT;
  • McLEAN - Garmouth, Moray, SCT>Qld, AUS;
  • McLEAVY - Jedburgh, Roxburgh, SCT>Qld, AUS;
  • OLIVER - Jedburgh, Roxburgh, SCT>Qld, AUS;
  • RAFFAN - Banff, SCT;
  • ROBERTSON - Ross & Cromarty, SCT;
  • SIMPSON - Banff/Moray, SCT;
  • SMITH – SCT; STUART - Moray, SCT

Regards

Greg Baldwin

Ferntree Gully, Victoria, Australia

Email: kennethb@...

All incoming & outgoing files & emails checked by Security software BullGuard.

A&NESFHS 9933

The Ned Kelly Story: http://www.nedkellysworld.com.au/history/history.htm