Re: illigitmacy

Anne Burgess

RCA is a typographical error for RCE, which is the abbreviation for Register of Corrected Entries. A certificate, once recorded, can't be altered, so any changes (e.g. addition of a father following a paternity case, an amendment to cause of death following post-mortem, a change in a child's name and so on) - are recorded in a separate book, the RCE. If you view a certificate at Scotland's People that has an RCE entry, there should be a link to the page in the RCE.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.