From: inverkip@...
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Sent: Monday, 24 Feb, 2020 At 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] Need names of some old Farms c1857 in Cathcart, Renfrewshire RFW, Sct

In the OPR's (Old Parochial Registers), pre-1855, Lawful son or daughter would be a child born to a married couple. A Natural son or daughter is a nice way of saying illegitimate. Recommend check Scotlandsplaces.gov.uk Renfrewshire OS name books, vol. 02, 1856-1857. This lists all named properties and features. These correspond with the maps for those years. Freecen.org.uk is a good place to check also, 100% of Renfrewshire has been transcribed 1841-71.

--
EdieMc