Re: Daniel and Jennette McArthur of Islay

Robert McArthur

I haven’t yet upgraded from Y67, but will likely do so soon. I’ve posted a rudimentary family tree on FT family finder, identifying all my direct ancestors I could identify. Daniel McArthur (1741-1819) and Jennette McArthur (1752-1852) were married in the early 1770s, and emigrated to North Carolina in 1774 where all their children were born. Both Daniel and Jennette are buried in North Carolina.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> on behalf of Edie Mc <eamca1944@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 8:38:33 PM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>; Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] Daniel and Jennette McArthur of Islay

That sounds like some sort of cousin match, doesn't it  Bob. All 67 markers is a close family member. I wonder if you were to do the Y111 marker if it will help you out. It did us.  My brothers DNA as well.  We started with the Y67,  a lot of different names to three with the Y111. Sounds like he would be a 0 step which is a perfect match. that is how I understand it.  An autosomal may yield some other s belonging to the Daniela add Jeanette line. that helped us as well as I was able to find a third cousin match and we matched my second great grandparents.  That wasn't evident with just the All male line YDNA. You may already have tested with ancestry as well though.  Did Scotlands People give you any clues as to when they were married or have any children which could give you a clue on a time frame. Family search can be handy these days as well.

Hope you find the information you need.
regards
Edie Mc