Clan MacDougall

bqbarnard@...

My ancestor, Alexander Campbell, left Islay around 1774 as a child, and most of what we know about him comes from his will, which states he was born in Kildalton and suggests he traveled to Johnstown NY with John Carmichael, also of Kildalton, who was some years older. The one other piece of information about him came from his granddaughter, who was my great-grandmother, Jennie Campbell Jones. According to my great-grandmother, Alexander's family was tied to Clan MacDougall. I'd be intertested in learning more about possible ties between Islay and Clan MacDougall.