Re: Thomas Smith b 1854 in Shetland

Goldie & Lido Doratti

Try the Canadian, USA and Australian census for after 1871. Those were the most common places to emigrate, I think. I would start with the 1881, then the 1891....worth the try. Good luck, Goldie

-----Original Message-----
From: Lauraine Syrnick
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2020 11:16 AM
To: Scots@scotland-genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [ScotGen] Thomas Smith b 1854 in Shetland

Thomas was born to Laurence Smith
and Anderina Eunson/Yonson. He is the
only one in this Smith family I cannot find.
Thomas was living with in his Mothers home in the 1871 Census but then disappears. His mother lived until 1898. We visited Shetland in 2016 but no one seemed to know where he went. Scotland’s People’s has no record of his death. Anyone who can help?
Lauraine.