Re: Use of codes

Carolyn Perkes <cperkes@...>

For what it's worth, in Canada, "le ROC" means the rest of Canada (outside Quebec).

But in the Chapman code, ROC, in Scotland, is Ross and Cromarty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapman_code

***
Carolyn

(live in Quebec (QC), born in Ontario (ON), Canada, with Scottish ancestors in Lanarkshire (LKS), Sutherland (SUT) and Caithness (CAI).

Cheer up, life's about learning. :-)

On 04/02/20 19:15, Ray Rob <rayrobt@...> wrote:
Yes , to me  ROC  means  Republic of China !

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 12:46 PM Lauraine Syrnick <lauraine.syrnick@...> wrote:
Definitely agree with Lindsay.  Such codes are not good for all of us.  Yes, maybe we should use them, but have no idea what’s ROC means.  Will have to look it up which is a real pain.
Lauraine (Smith) Syrnick - Canada