Re: Use of codes

Allan Moore

Having been in the Airline industry for 43 years I find it easy and intuitive. That being said, while I know the codes I use on a daily basis and the main global major airport codes, I have little knowledge of the codes out of my “circle of influence”.

On Feb 5, 2020, at 15:56, Anne Burgess via Groups.Io <anne.genlists=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

I absolutely disagree. You soon learn the ones you use regularly. I almost never need to look up a UK code. And it's a lot less pain to look up an occasional code than to type out 'Ross and Cromarty' (17 keystrokes) or 'Montgomeryshire' (16) instead of 'ROC' or 'MGY' (just 3 each). That's why they were invented - to save typing.