Robertson/Turner/Mitchell

Janet Farmer

I am trying to find out if there is a connection between my Mitchell and Robertson/Turner family.

DONALD MITCHELL m CATHERINE McLELLAN

Proven child: FLORA MITCHELL b circa 1795  m ALEXANDER ROBERTSON b circa 1793
married circa 1829

Death:
 Source - Killarow Cemetery 224610
FLORA ROBERTSON nee MITCHELL died  6 July 1871, age 76, wife of Alexander Robertson, Parents: Donald Mitchell and Catherine McLellan, Informant: Alexander Robertson - Husband. Pneumonia, Main St. Bowmore.

Source: Kilarrow Cemetery, 300381,
Robertson Alexander, died 23 Mar 1873, age 80, widower of Mitchell Flora, Parents: Robertson Peter, McDonald, Elizabeth, Anne Robertson-Daughter, Heart Disease,Church St Bowmore

 CENSUS RECORDS

 Could not locate on 1841 Census

The following Census for Scotland was taken on the night of 31st March, 1851

1851 Census
Portnahaven - Octofad
Alexander Robertson  head m age 53  Ploughman  Portnahaven
Flora Robertson  wife m age 53     Kilchoman
John Robertson  son u age 24 (1829) farm lab  Portnahaven
Anne Robertson dau u age 18 house servant born Portnahaven

From Islay Births:

Alexander Robertson and Flory Turner
John Robertson born 23 Feb 1823 Kilchoman
John Robertson born 4 Jan 1825 Kilchoman   *
Peter Robertson born 2 Jul 1827
Mary Robertson born 11 Jul 1829
Ann Robertson born 18 Nov 1831    *

Best wishes