Re: MORE

Dee Byster-Graham

Thank you so much, Trish, I shall amend my tree accordingly.

Obviously my info from years ago was incorrect. Very much appreciate your help, as I left searching the Scottish side of our family several years ago to concentrate on the Irish line.

Infinitely harder there, and became so involved I have only yesterday became interested again in my Mitchell etc line.

Interesting address quoted – 7 Barony Place (from memory) is the  house the Mitchell’s lived in!

I do have a private Tree on Ancestry, probably not all correct, put together in haste, but better than loose paper J

My G-G Grandfather was James MITCHELL b. 1812 Clackmannonshire – he is as far back as I can go to date. Grandad was Alexander Mather Mitchell last child to be born in Glasgow before the family immigrated to Oz.

An amazing man, hugely musical could play any instrument he happened to pick up. A coppersmith by trade, also cooper, made stained glass windows, blacksmith, farmer – he excelled at everything.

Dee.

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of tricia.barnett via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, 2 February 2020 8:03 PM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] MORE

Hi Dee.    ANDREW MORE   death cert.    12 Aug 1889 Stewart Place Shettleston.    Was a Colliery Clerk aged 77 son James (7 Barony Place) informant. Spouse and Parents named.  His father James More   Elizabeth Cruickshank..    

I was following Andrew's brother James originally.   

Have you got a tree online? 

My MORE paternal are in Caithness Scotland from late 1600s.    Of course many moved south.  Name also occasionally recorded Moor Moar Moir.  

Tricia.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Join Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.