Re: MCCOLMAN, CAMPBELL, BELL, GRAHAM

Dee Byster-Graham

Hello Shirley, and all on our List,

Sorry I am unable to help you with your names of interest.

My late husband was a Graham, Gordon Temple Graham, but born in England.

He had no idea he was actually of Scottish descent, although his name would surely have provided him with an inkling, one would think!

Name following family lines is a huge pain for me, too, both in Scotland and Ireland.

My interests are mainly Mitchell; Mather; Cameron; More; and Bulloch.

All resplendently blessed with James, Alexander, Robert, Malcom; Margaret, Mary, and Janet.

Good luck in your quest.

Kindly,

Dee.

Moreton Bay island.

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley
Sent: Tuesday, 28 January 2020 7:13 AM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [ScotGen] MCCOLMAN, CAMPBELL, BELL, GRAHAM

Greetings from British Columbia, Canada.  I am researching my MCCOLMAN ancestors arriving in Canada from Islay in the early 1830s. I'm hoping to learn more about the ancestors that remained on Islay too.  I have not researched the McColman families lately (I work from materials gathered by cousins many years ago that have been passed on to me) but would love to begin again - to verify the information I have and to learn more.  My ancestors born in Islay:

Great Great Grandparents:    Alexander "Sandy" John MCCOLMAN
b 19 Nov 1826 Baliharrie, Kilmeny Parish
d 7 Jun 1889  Manitoulin Island, Ontario
Married to Flora CAMPBELL
b 16 Aug 1826  Mulreesh, Kilmeny Parish
d 19 Dec 1912  Sterling, Michigan, USA

Greatx3 Grandparents:    Archibald Godfrey MCCOLMAN
b  21 Dec 1799  Carabus, Islay
d 15 Mar 1886 Midhurst, Ontario
Married  Catherine Anne BELL
b 13 Jan 1805  Baliharrie, Kilmeny Parish
d  15 May 1849  Duntroon, Simcoe County, Ontario

Greatx4 Grandparents:  Alexander MCCALMAN
b 1766  Bowmore, Kilarrow Parish
d  Unknown
Married (2nd wife) Mary GRAHAM
b 1774
d 1814

Thank you for reading my family names.  I hope to find others researching the families to share and compare notes.  The families all followed the Scottish naming pattern - keeping them in the proper group is difficult!!

Join Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.