MCCOLMAN, CAMPBELL, BELL, GRAHAM

Shirley <sam.clarke@...>

Greetings from British Columbia, Canada.  I am researching my MCCOLMAN ancestors arriving in Canada from Islay in the early 1830s. I'm hoping to learn more about the ancestors that remained on Islay too.  I have not researched the McColman families lately (I work from materials gathered by cousins many years ago that have been passed on to me) but would love to begin again - to verify the information I have and to learn more.  My ancestors born in Islay:

Great Great Grandparents:    Alexander "Sandy" John MCCOLMAN
b 19 Nov 1826 Baliharrie, Kilmeny Parish
d 7 Jun 1889  Manitoulin Island, Ontario
Married to Flora CAMPBELL
b 16 Aug 1826  Mulreesh, Kilmeny Parish
d 19 Dec 1912  Sterling, Michigan, USA

Greatx3 Grandparents:    Archibald Godfrey MCCOLMAN
b  21 Dec 1799  Carabus, Islay
d 15 Mar 1886 Midhurst, Ontario
Married  Catherine Anne BELL
b 13 Jan 1805  Baliharrie, Kilmeny Parish
d  15 May 1849  Duntroon, Simcoe County, Ontario

Greatx4 Grandparents:  Alexander MCCALMAN
b 1766  Bowmore, Kilarrow Parish
d  Unknown
Married (2nd wife) Mary GRAHAM
b 1774
d 1814

Thank you for reading my family names.  I hope to find others researching the families to share and compare notes.  The families all followed the Scottish naming pattern - keeping them in the proper group is difficult!!