Re: Weekly digest [was Question about list]

W David Samuelsen

There are several types of email delivery.

David Samuelsen

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 9:58 PM Lindsay Graham <LDGraham@...> wrote:
However, in my view, the weekly digest option is an abomination unless you expect NEVER to respond to any messages on the list.  Unfortunately, many digest subscribers simply reply to one of the messages in the digest without changing the subject heading and without including prior emails on the same subject -- which makes it very difficult for readers to follow the conversation thread.  As someone else pointed out, having useful and self-explanatory subject headings that directly relate to the subject matter is very important for readers of the list and, especially, for those looking up the list archives.

The admins of some lists with which I'm associated do not allow weekly digest subscriptions, and that's what I would do if I was an admin.  It is so easy to skim through (or delete) individual messages.

Lindsay Graham
Canberra, Australia

On 20/1/20 1245, W David Samuelsen wrote:
Yes, you have to go to your account and change.

Go to the site, and get in

On left side menu, there is "Subscription"  see "Email Delivery". You have choices to choose.

David Samuelsen

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 10:30 AM mmd39 via Groups.Io <mmd39=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is it possible to get this list as a weekly digest?  Thanks Margo