Topics

WILLIAM, DONALD, DUNCAN MORRISON

PAUL MACK

Folks, this is my first post, so I hope I am doing it right.
My current information about my wife's Morrison family is WILLIAM MORRISON (b. 1788,;d. 9 May 1805); DONALD (b. 1827, Upper Killeyan, Oa, Islay; d. 24 Dec. 1902 Strabane, Ontario); DUNCAN (b. 3 Mar 1883; d. 29 Mar. 1941). Duncan's son, WILLIAM DOUGLAS MORRISON, is my (deceased) father-in-law.
Naturally, I would appreciate any further information - or correction of errors.
sincerely,
Paul D. Mack

Sue Visser

Hello Paul.  I’m not related.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,
Sue Visser (up the road in Guelph and been through Strabane many times)

A possibility from the 1841 Islay census transcriptions (so if this looks like your family, it’s wise to check out the original records)

Oa 69 3 Upper Killean William Morrison Male 50 Farmer ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Margaret Morrison Female 40
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Robert Morrison Male 22
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Catherine Morrison Female 18
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Donald Morrison Male 12
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Bell Morrison Female 8
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Margaret Morrison Female 6
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean John Morrison Male 4
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Jane Morrison Female 2
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean N.K. Morrison Female 1 Wk
ARY

The same family in 1851 census:

Oa 16 6 Upper Killian William Morrison Male 62 Head Farmer Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Peggy Morrison Female 56 Wife
Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Donald Morrison Male 21 Son
Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Bell Morrison Female 19 Daughter
Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Peggy Morrison Female 17 Daughter
Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian John Morrison Male 15 Son Scholar Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Jean Morrison Female 13 Daughter Scholar Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian William Morrison Male 9 Son Scholar Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Katherine Morrison Female 3 Grand Daughter
Oa
Oa 17 6 Upper Killian Robert Morrison Male 32 Head Farm Servant Oa
Oa 17 6 Upper Killian Margaret Morrison Female 36 Wife
Kilchoman
Oa 17 6 Upper Killian Edward Morrison Male 3 Son
Oa