Topics

Roll call

lesleygaffey@...

My interest in Islay is through Mary Ferguson born about 1787 and married to John Eads (according to family he may have been an English or Welsh sailor). They had 8 children (that I am aware of). The surname Eads has several variations depending on which branch you follow these are Ead, Eads, Head, Heads and Hood.

Mary and Johns children were Archibald (1813) went to Canada. George (1815) went to Glasgow. Neil (1817) went to Kilbarchan. John (1820), Mary (1823), Alexander (1825) the only one that I know stayed on Islay. John (1827) went to Greenock. Mary (1830) went to Paisley.

If anyone has any connection to this family I would love to hear from you.

Lesley