Topics

Roll Call

Ken Harrison

McNABB, MORRISON (McVORAN), M(a)Cdougall

Ken Harrison

North Vancouver, Canada

skronen266@...

I am Sheila Kronenberger,  a descendent of the owners of Laphroaig:

Alexander JOHNSTON and Mary GRAHAM

Donald JOHNSTON and Isaabella McDOUGAL

Mary JOHNSTON and Alexander CAMPBELL

Isabella CAMPBELL and Robert James GRAHAM

Dugald Johnston GRAHAM and Alexandra May RUTHERFORD

Sheila Isabella GRAHAM married to John KRONENBERGER (deceased)

I was born in Canada and am now living in the USA.

neil@...

Hi All,

My primary line is through my Grandfather Donald MacCuaig b 1890 on Islay in Port Ellen, his wife (Kathleen Leitch) was from Edinburgh.

His parents Donald MacCuaig (1851-1929) and Lilian Black (?1848-1923) both of Kildalton

Their Parents Neil MacCuaig (1825-1890) (port Ellen), Margaret Morrison (?1831-1875) (Kildalton), Donald Black (1811-1888) (Kildalton) and Mary Campbell (1806-1893) Port Ellen

Next generation

Donald MacCuaig (1730-?) Kildalton is possible & Catherine McEwen/McEwing 1792?

John Morrison & Mary McIntyre (No information)

Alexander Black (?1768) Kildalton & Caterine Beat(t)on (?1772) Baleneil, Kildalton

Ronald Campbell & Mary Macewen (no information)

If they ring any bells with anyone I’m keen to hear more 😊

Regards

Neil MacCuaig

07748 023 106

Doug Carmichael

Hello All, I am interested in the Carmichael  families  of Islay. I have pretty good information as far back as  Dougald Carmichael ,dob 1774 , marring  Mary McNeill dob 1778. Her parents were Lachland McNeill and Janet Wright . I do not have any information on Dougalds  parentage .Most of  information I have is from the work of A. Currie and done some years before the internet.  I have been unable to find when and why Carmichaels arrived on Islay. Family oral history has us as a Sept of the Starts of Appin.
               My branch upstakes  in the 1860' to Grey County, Ontario,joining relatives who had done so earlier. Members of the family also moved  to the Swan Valley of Manitoba about this time.

              I did find a reference to there being 3 or more Septs of Carmichael on Islay but I have been unable to "rediscover" this information. If this rings a bell with anyone please let me know. Cheers to one and all Douglas Carmichael

John McKinnon

Doug
Some years ago I wrote a 60 odd page history of Kynagarry Farm. The McKinnon bias may spoil it for most but it may be of some interest to descendants of the other tenants.
The list of tenants includes: Duncan Brown 1802-1821, Archibald Brown 1828-1859,  John Brown 1848-1859; JohnCarmichael 1779-1802,Duncan Carmichael 1779-1821, Dugald & Neil Carmichael 1828-1848;. There are also two Clark’s up to 1848, Duncan and Donald; one Jamieson 1859; Five MacFaiden/MacPhaiden between 1779-1859; a lone Robert McKenzie late comer 1859; four MacKinine/MacKinnon/McKinnon 1779-1850; two MacLugasalein/MacLugash 1779-1828; two MacNeill/MacNeil 1802-1859.
I’d be happy to share the text with anybody who is interested and make it available through an appropriate internet site if there is an unexpected demand. Nothing too fancy. A lot of quoted passages (eg W.N.Blair, 1888). Reasonably well sourced if people want to see where I found the information.
Cheers
John

On 26/01/2020, at 7:07 AM, Doug Carmichael <dougcarmichael@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello John, Thank you indeed for the very kind offer. I would be delighted to receive a copy.
          Did any of your ancestors arrive in NZ on board the ship Hector?There is a full scale replica  of Hector at Pictou Nova Scotia. That is about a two hour drive away. They must have been a tough lot to pack it all in and head off.  Not by choice . We complain if the flight is a bit late getting off or arriving.!

Sent from Outlook                                                                                 Cheers Doug

[...]

harry mccalman

Hi All  My interests are McCalman, MacAuley, Dow all of Loch Gruinart Area
Regards  HJD McCalman

Allan Moore

Hi Harry

I have the same interests as you, as my paternal G—Grandparent was a McCalman. There seems to be a lot of confusion when I go back as there is confusion in that line between McAulay and Kennedy!

I will do a little information straightening out so I can put the problem on paper to forward it to you.
My DNA  test revealed that my closest relative is a Kennedy and I have no written record of the link.

Thanks
Allan

On Jan 26, 2020, at 09:17, harry mccalman <mccdallas@...> wrote:

Hi All  My interests are McCalman, MacAuley, Dow all of Loch Gruinart Area
Regards  HJD McCalman

lauriedave@...

Hello im Laurie Bell Harron
my research is:Donald Bell (1826 to 1895 ) son of Malcolm Bell (1798-1871 Portnellen) and Margaret McDuffie (1783-1841)  Donald came to Canada and settled near Mount Forest in Proton township married Ann Mcphee (1829-1914) she was born in Kilarrow to Arch Mcphee (1791-1868) and Sarah mclachlane (1798-1878) theY lived near hillsbourg ontario.

Donald and Ann son Malcolm is my grandpa
i have many Campbell from Islay all lived and died near Cederville ontario
yours truly
Laurie