From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cas Houston
Sent: October 19, 2020 2:41 PM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Islay] Minister William Campbell (1853-1893) for the Established Free Church of Scotland, Kildalton Parish

Hi Elizabeth,

Looks like Jessie's sister Catherine Mary Campbell married a John Sinclair.

I think your two Campbell trees will go as below.

Good luck with your research.

Regards

Charles

=================

First Generation

1. Alexander CAMPBELL was born about 1765 in Scotland but not Argyllshire on 1841 Census. In Jun 1841 he was a Farmer in Inverinachy, Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland. He died after Jun 1841 Janet THOMSON was born about 1782.

Alexander CAMPBELL and Janet THOMSON had the following children:
+2 i. John CAMPBELL, born 24 Aug 1803, Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland.
+3 ii. Colin CAMPBELL, born 28 Aug 1805, Kilchrenan, Argyll, Scotland; married Elizabeth PROCTOR, 11 May 1846.
4 iii. Margaret CAMPBELL was born on 4 Dec 1807 in Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland.
5 iv. Jean CAMPBELL was born on 24 Dec 1809 in Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland.

Second Generation

2. John CAMPBELL (Alexander-1) was born on 24 Aug 1803 in Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland. In Apr 1871 he was a Farmer 100 acres 12 arable in Cabrachan Farm House.

Margaret MACTAVISH, daughter of MCKELLAR, was born in 1813 in Kilmartin, Argyll, Scotland. She died in 1872 at the age of 59 in Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland.

John CAMPBELL and Margaret MACTAVISH had the following children:
6 i. Janet CAMPBELL was born on 19 Dec 1839 in Inverinachy, Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland. She died before 1847 at the age of 8.
+7 ii. Alexander CAMPBELL, born 4 Jan 1842, Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland; married Catherine MCKELLAR, 1875, Kilmartin, Argyll, Scotland.
8 iii. Janet CAMPBELL was born in 1847 in Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland.
9 iv. Donald CAMPBELL was born in 1851 in Kilmore & Kilbride, Argyll, Scotland.
10 v. Isabella CAMPBELL was born in 1853 in Kilmore & Kilbride, Argyll, Scotland.
11 vi. Colin CAMPBELL was born in 1857 in Kilmore & Kilbride, Argyll, Scotland.

3. Colin CAMPBELL (Alexander-1) was born on 28 Aug 1805 in Kilchrenan, Argyll, Scotland. In Apr 1861 he was a Farmer in Drimdarroch Farm,Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland.

Colin CAMPBELL and Elizabeth PROCTOR were married on 11 May 1846 at Kilchrenan & Dalvich, Argyll. Elizabeth PROCTOR, daughter of George PROCTOR and Elizabeth LIGHTBOURN, was born in 1816 in Muckairn, Argyll, Scotland Re 1861 Census. She died in 1881 at the age of 65 in Kilninian & Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland.

Colin CAMPBELL and Elizabeth PROCTOR had the following children:
+12 i. Janet Thomson "Jessie" CAMPBELL, born 11 Mar 1847, Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland; married Roderick MCLELLAN, 1875, Kilninian & Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland.
13 ii. Alexander CAMPBELL was born on 11 Oct 1848 in Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland Re 1881 Census.
+14 iii. William CAMPBELL, born 25 Apr 1850, Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland Re 1881 Census; married Jessie CAMPBELL, 7 Mar 1883, Alexandra Hotel, Glasgow.
15 iv. Elizabeth CAMPBELL was born on 25 Jul 1851 in Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland.
16 v. Mary CAMPBELL was born in 1853 in Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland Re 1881 Census.
17 vi. Colin CAMPBELL was born in 1855 in Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland Re 1881 Census.
18 vii. Christina "Christy" CAMPBELL was born on 3 Mar 1857 in Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland. She died in 1859 at the age of 2 in Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland Re SRO 517/2 2.
+19 viii. Margaret Ann CAMPBELL, born 6 May 1859, Drimdarroch Farm, Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland Re 1861/1881 Census; married Donald FLETCHER, 1881, Kilninian & Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland.
20 ix. Ann CAMPBELL was born on 26 Apr 1862 in Drimdarroch farm, Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland.

Third Generation

7. Alexander CAMPBELL (John-2, Alexander-1) was born on 4 Jan 1842 in Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland. In Apr 1881 he was a Farmer
50 acres 15 arable in Cabrachan, Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland.

Alexander CAMPBELL and Catherine MCKELLAR were married in 1875 in Kilmartin, Argyll, Scotland. Catherine MCKELLAR was born in 1846 in Kilbride, Argyll, Scotland.

Alexander CAMPBELL and Catherine MCKELLAR had the following children:
21 i. Catherine CAMPBELL was born in 1877 in Cabrachan, Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland.
22 ii. Margaret CAMPBELL was born in 1879 in Cabrachan, Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland.
23 iii. Sarah CAMPBELL was born about Feb 1881 in Cabrachan, Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland.

12. Janet Thomson "Jessie" CAMPBELL (Colin-2, Alexander-1) was born on
11 Mar 1847 in Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland.

Janet Thomson "Jessie" CAMPBELL and Roderick MCLELLAN were married in
1875 in Kilninian & Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland. Roderick MCLELLAN was born about 1844.

Roderick MCLELLAN and Janet Thomson CAMPBELL had the following child:
24 i. Mary McDonald MCLELLAN was born in 1876 in Govan, Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland.

14. William CAMPBELL (Colin-2, Alexander-1) was born on 25 Apr 1850 in
Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland Re 1881 Census.

William CAMPBELL and Jessie CAMPBELL were married on 7 Mar 1883 in
Alexandra Hotel, Glasgow. Jessie CAMPBELL, daughter of Peter CAMPBELL
and Christian MCGIBBON, was born about 1848 in Killin, Perth, Scotland.
She died in 1888.

William CAMPBELL and Jessie CAMPBELL had the following children:
25 i. Christina CAMPBELL was born in 1884 in Kildalton,
Argyll, Scotland.
26 ii. Colin CAMPBELL was born on 12 May 1885 in The Manse,
Kildalton, Islay, Argyll, Scotland.

19. Margaret Ann CAMPBELL (Colin-2, Alexander-1) was born on 6 May 1859
in Drimdarroch Farm, Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland Re 1861/1881 Census.

Margaret Ann CAMPBELL and Donald FLETCHER were married in 1881 in
Kilninian & Kilmore, Argyll, Scotland. Donald FLETCHER was born about 1855.

=========

First Generation

1. Peter CAMPBELL was born about 1810.

Peter CAMPBELL and Christian MCGIBBON were married on 17 Nov 1833 in
Kenmore, Argyll, Scotland. Christian MCGIBBON was born about 1814.

Peter CAMPBELL and Christian MCGIBBON had the following children:

2 i. John CAMPBELL was born on 7 Nov 1834 in Killin, Perth,
Scotland.
3 ii. Christian CAMPBELL was born on 13 Sep 1836 in Killin,
Perth, Scotland.
4 iii. Jane CAMPBELL was born on 23 Apr 1838 in Killin,
Perth, Scotland.
5 iv. Jean CAMPBELL was born on 3 Jun 1842 in Killin, Perth,
Scotland.
6 v. Peter CAMPBELL was born on 3 Jun 1842 in Killin, Perth,
Scotland. In Apr 1881 she was a Farmer of 500 acres, 100 Arable in
Ardindrochit, Torosay.
+7 vi. Catherine Mary CAMPBELL, born 10 Oct 1845, Killin,
Perth, Scotland; married John SINCLAIR, 1868, Glenorchy And Inishail,
Argyll, Scotland 7621022; died 1911, Torosay, Argyll, Scotland.
+8 vii. Jessie CAMPBELL, born 1848, Killin, Perth, Scotland;
married William CAMPBELL, 7 Mar 1883, Alexandra Hotel, Glasgow; died 1888.

Second Generation

7. Catherine Mary CAMPBELL (Peter-1) was born on 10 Oct 1845 in Killin,
Perth, Scotland. She died in 1911 at the age of 66 in Torosay, Argyll,
Scotland.

Catherine Mary CAMPBELL and John SINCLAIR were married in 1868 in
Glenorchy And Inishail, Argyll, Scotland 7621022. John SINCLAIR was born
in 1839 in Inishail, Argyll, Scotland. In Apr 1871 he was a Farmer of
600 acres in Craignamoraig Farm, Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll,
Scotland. He died in 1915 at the age of 76 in Torosay, Argyll, Scotland.

John SINCLAIR and Catherine Mary CAMPBELL had the following children:

9 i. Donald SINCLAIR was born in 1869 in Craignamoraig Farm,
Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland.
+10 ii. Christina Jessie SINCLAIR, born Mar 1871,
Craignamoraig Farm, Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland; married
James MERRY, 1897, Torosay, Argyll, Scotland.
11 iii. Mary SINCLAIR was born in 1873 in Glasgow, Lanark,
Scotland.

8. Jessie CAMPBELL (Peter-1) was born in 1848 in Killin, Perth,
Scotland. She died in 1888 at the age of 40.

Jessie CAMPBELL and William CAMPBELL were married on 7 Mar 1883 in
Alexandra Hotel, Glasgow. William CAMPBELL, son of Colin CAMPBELL and
Elizabeth PROCTOR, was born on 25 Apr 1850 in Dalavich, Argyll, Scotland
Re 1881 Census.

William CAMPBELL and Jessie CAMPBELL had the following children:
12 i. Christina CAMPBELL was born in 1884 in Kildalton,
Argyll, Scotland.
13 ii. Colin CAMPBELL was born on 12 May 1885 in The Manse,
Kildalton, Islay, Argyll, Scotland.

Third Generation

10. Christina Jessie SINCLAIR (Catherine Mary CAMPBELL-2, Peter-1) was
born in Mar 1871 in Craignamoraig Farm, Kilchrenan And Dalavich, Argyll,
Scotland.

Christina Jessie SINCLAIR and James MERRY were married in 1897 in
Torosay, Argyll, Scotland. James MERRY was born in 1859 in Torosay,
Argyll, Scotland.

https://www.avg.com

Cas Houston <cmcfhouston@...>

Hi Faith,

Nice to hear from you again, all is well here too so far, although I lost a good friend to Cov-19 early in the year.

Best Regards

Charles

==========

On 20-Oct-20 3:40 AM, Embleton House wrote:
Hi Cas Houston
I just wanted to tell you that this is faith Harvey Embleton Not Elizabeth but I think this family tree may fir with mine also I will check it out. Hope you are staying well. All is well in Canada's NWT
Faith
https://www.avg.com

Embleton House

I am sorry to hear that. Our community after being Covid free for several months just had three presumptive cases reported. We are all waiting to hear if they have it or not. I am still struggling to get a bunch of new things set up to see our business through all this. A lot of learning for a old girl like me. Never thought I would be building web pages and learning how ecomerce hooks to it and booking engines. My brain is almost fired but it is keeping this business afloat I hope until this virus is gone and I can sell and retire and start doing what old ladies do
As ever faith

Embleton House B&B
Licence # 009-002809
5203 52 Street
Yellowknife, NT.
Canada, X1A 1T8
Ph: 1-867-873-2892 Ext: 0
Ph: Toll free in North America: 1-888-909-5203
Nice to hear from you again, all is well here too so far, although I lost a good friend to Cov-19 early in the year.

Best Regards

Charles

==========

On 20-Oct-20 3:40 AM, Embleton House wrote:
Hi Cas Houston
I just wanted to tell you that this is faith Harvey Embleton Not
Elizabeth but I think this family tree may fir with mine also I will
check it out. Hope you are staying well. All is well in Canada's NWT
Faith
https://www.avg.com

Allan Moore

Great Faith

I know where to stay next time I am up in the NWT!

Allan
Calgary