Topics

Old Bowmore circa 1910

Seymour Hosking

I hope this photograph is visible to others.  I posted it to the Old Islay group on Facebook.
Many people said it helped them think of where their ancestors had walked.

J LOCHRIDGE

Thank you for posting

On Friday, 17 April 2020, 15:43:07 BST, Seymour Hosking <seymourh@...> wrote:

I hope this photograph is visible to others.  I posted it to the Old Islay group on Facebook.
Many people said it helped them think of where their ancestors had walked.

Sharee Hughes

This is awesom, Thank you.

Sharee

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 8:43 AM Seymour Hosking <seymourh@...> wrote:
I hope this photograph is visible to others.  I posted it to the Old Islay group on Facebook.
Many people said it helped them think of where their ancestors had walked.

Janice McClelland

Fabulous photo! If I'm deducing correctly from the map, this is taken at the harbour looking up Main Street. This was taken within a couple of years of my husband's grandmother leaving Islay so gives us an indepth sense of what Bowmore looked like as she grew up. If only we had a photo of her as a young woman, we'd really be able to 'see' her here.Thanks for sharing.

https://www.islayinfo.com/discover-islay-map.html
Regards,
Jan