Topics

Migrants to Canada from Outer Hebrides

Philip Hubsmith

Hi,
Not directly linked to Islay but I am sure some may be interested in this programme by BBC Scotland (iPlayer) - Scotland: The Promised Land, the second episode - Homes for Highland Heroes, telling the story of
migrants from the Outer Hebrides (Lewis, Barra, Uist, Stornoway, Benbecula) emigrating to Canada in the 1920s, - subject of emigration from 28 mins into programme

Link -

Phil Hubsmith, 98 Park Winding, Erskine, Scotland

BBC Two
Scotland: The Promised Land - 2. Homes for Highland Heroes
Scotland: The Promised Land
2. Homes for Highland Heroes

Documentary series examining the political changes that shaped modern-day Scotland. A look at the problems facing the Highlands following World War I. More

Add
Download
Audio DescribedSign Language
Change location:LondonLondonChange language:EnglishEnglish