Subject: Re: [Islay] Roll Call ?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 15:52:53 +0000
From: Philip Hubsmith <p.hubsmith@...>
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io

Hi Diane/All,

Hello and best wishes to everyone!

My interest is with McFadyen, McGilvary, Morrison, McEwan - I believe mainly from Bowmore

My great grandparents are: -

Hugh McFadyen: B 1835 - D 1907 / Elizabeth Morrison - (photo attached): B 1841 - D 1922. Both born in Bowmore but moved to Dumbarton and then Clydebank. Hugh's brother Donald was the Post Master at 'old' Bowmore Post Office, now a private residence and to the left of The Lochside Hotel on Shore Steet - 2 x photos attached

Hugh and Elizabeth had 8 children?: John, Catherine, Euphemia, Flora (my grandmother), Elizabeth, Mary Anne, Margaret, Angus - oldest, B 1862 - D 1929

Hugh's parents were: Angus McFadyen and Anne McGilvary / Elizabeth's parents were: John Morrison: B 1791? - Dead at 1851 and Margaret (or Anne) McEwan: B 1801

Note: Many of the above dates are from 'scribbles' and need to be verified

Thank-you to everyone involved in getting this up and running - I will follow with interest

Phil Hubsmith, Erskine. Scotland
On 22/01/2020 06:41, Diane Rogers wrote:

Hi, everyone.

There are now 177 of us here. Would you like to start a roll call? Just the Islay people's names and places you are interested in.

I am thinking we can also build up a database for the people we are researching.

We can post images too - however - there is an overall size limit for images on free lists here. So be cautious and resize them, please.  I would love to see photos of those we know came from Islay, if we have them.

Diane

Philip Hubsmith

Hi,

Another McFadyen photo for the web site

Flora Livingston McFadyen (married name Fleming) B 1879 D 03.03.1947 / G Granddaughter of Archiebald McFadyen B 1758 and Margaret Cameron Campbell B 1760-70
Phil Hubsmith, Erskine. Scotland

The attached photo now has explanatory text added to it and could replace the one already on the Islay web site - see below

Phil Hubsmith, Erskine. Scotland
.

Philip Hubsmith

This time with photo attached