Topics

McDougall Islay Connections,-resonding to Chris MacDougall

Marion Larmer

My early ancestors were
Allan McDougald born 1783 died 1847 in Ontario,
 Son of John McDougald and Isabel Carmichael
natives of Parish of Killarrow, Bowmore, Isle of Islay

Allan married Isabella  Campell-born1793 , died 1885 in  ON.,Canada.
Both were natives of Killarrow, Islay.

Allan had a brother Alexander, born 1790
I have no further data on Alexander.

The first son of Allan and Isabella was John, born 1817-my Gt  Gt. Grandfather

Chas Houston <cmcfhouston@...>

Allan had a sister Janet MacDougall b 1785 d 1855 who married a Donald Sinclair at Bowmore in 1834. He seems to have died before June 1841. Janet had two sons after the marriage but may have had six other children before that as Janet is living with some other older sons & daughters on the 1841/1851 censuses. She is shown as a farmer at Island Farm, Bowmore in 1851 and in 1841 at Mulindra she was an Agric Labourer. Allan had 5 of his 8 children at Mulindra.

Regards

Charles Houston - not related

=================

30-Mar-20 9:13 PM, Marion Larmer wrote:

My early ancestors were
Allan McDougald born 1783 died 1847 in Ontario,
 Son of John McDougald and Isabel Carmichael
natives of Parish of Killarrow, Bowmore, Isle of Islay

Allan married Isabella  Campell-born1793 , died 1885 in ON.,Canada.
Both were natives of Killarrow, Islay.

Allan had a brother Alexander, born 1790
I have no further data on Alexander.

The first son of Allan and Isabella was John, born 1817-my Gt  Gt. Grandfather
https://www.avg.com

Chris MacDougall

Many thanks to Marion and Charles for their responses! This will lead me further in my research, as some of the surnames listed are ones that I have identified DNA matches with, but had had difficulty in establishing their connections. With any luck, I may be able to establish those links now.

Thanks again!

Stay safe, stay well!

Chris

https://www.avg.com