Topics

Late notice - this morning if you can watch it

Sue Visser

With COVID19, the Islay Book Festival has morphed to an online version.  This morning (my apology for the late notice) Jim Hunter will be speaking about his book about the story of Scotland’s forgotten potato famine which ravaged island communities in 1846.

It starts in 2 hours (10AM Ontario time) - you can watch it directly from our YouTube channel by following this link: https://youtu.be/91snrGTzJTE

Sue Visser

M E Fuller

Thank you. Potato famine history could be a real day brightener here in the U.S.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020, 7:16 AM Sue Visser <genealgal2@...> wrote:
With COVID19, the Islay Book Festival has morphed to an online version.  This morning (my apology for the late notice) Jim Hunter will be speaking about his book about the story of Scotland’s forgotten potato famine which ravaged island communities in 1846.

It starts in 2 hours (10AM Ontario time) - you can watch it directly from our YouTube channel by following this link: https://youtu.be/91snrGTzJTE

Sue Visser

Allison Akgungor

Thanks so much for alerting us to this, Sue.
That was a very interesting presentation.
Allison Akgungor

Susan Bourne

Just watching YouTube now from Australia. It is of interest to me as my GGG Grandfather Robert Cross, was a Factor on the Islay Estate (not sure what dates) and he also farmed at Ballymartin on Islay. He died in 1859. His father Alexander Cross was the owner of Alexander Cross & Sons, Seed Merchants Gallowgate.

Susan Bourne
Sent from Susan’s iPhone