Topics

John Sinclair Sarah Jamieson

Sinclair Robinson <SinclairRobinson@...>

Hello: My great-great-grandparents were John Sinclair 1779-1859 and Sarah (Marrion) Jamieson born 1790. They were married on April 25 1811 in Killarrow. They do not appear as infants in the baptism list that was just sent around. Three of their children do. John and Sarah, and most if not all of their children, emigrated to Canada. They settled in Arthur and Minto Townships, Wellington County. The Geni site gives John’s father as Sinclair (McNoraid), born in March 1740. McNoraid, McNokeard, etc. appear to be the name of the Islay Sinclairs, before they all changed their name to Sinclair. Any assistance or clues to help me explore further would be welcome.  Sinclair Robinson

Sue Visser

I’ve photographed a number of gravestones at Bethel Cemetery, Arthur Twp, ON.  Many Ileach from Minto and Arthur townships are buried here.  If you want a photo, please let me know.
Sue Visser

Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 4:51 PM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io ; Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io Group Moderators
Subject: [Islay] John Sinclair Sarah Jamieson

Hello: My great-great-grandparents were John Sinclair 1779-1859 and Sarah (Marrion) Jamieson born 1790. They were married on April 25 1811 in Killarrow. They do not appear as infants in the baptism list that was just sent around. Three of their children do. John and Sarah, and most if not all of their children, emigrated to Canada. They settled in Arthur and Minto Townships, Wellington County. The Geni site gives John’s father as Sinclair (McNoraid), born in March 1740. McNoraid, McNokeard, etc. appear to be the name of the Islay Sinclairs, before they all changed their name to Sinclair. Any assistance or clues to help me explore further would be welcome.  Sinclair Robinson

Sinclair Robinson <SinclairRobinson@...>

Hello: I know Bethel Cemetery. My great-grandparents are buried there, and, as you say, many other pioneers from Islay. But I wanted to find more information on the father and mother of John Sinclair, who died in Wellington County, but is not buried there, especially about the name McNoraid. Sinclair Robinson

om: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sue Visser
Sent: January 28, 2021 5:30 PM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Islay] John Sinclair Sarah Jamieson

[External Email]

I’ve photographed a number of gravestones at Bethel Cemetery, Arthur Twp, ON.  Many Ileach from Minto and Arthur townships are buried here.  If you want a photo, please let me know.

Sue Visser

Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 4:51 PM

Subject: [Islay] John Sinclair Sarah Jamieson

This email contains links to content or websites. Always be cautious when clicking on external links or attachments. If in doubt, please forward suspicious emails to phishing@....

-----End of Disclaimer-----