Topics

Islay Reunion 2004

M. Diane Rogers

Feeling nostalgic today. Just came across this photo from the 2004 Reunion on Islay.

Lots more Reunion photos on Steve Gilchrist's Isle of Islay site: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~steve/islay/photos/sue/2004a/islay2004a.html
I think these are all or mostly Sue Visser's photos. Thank you, Sue. 

Dixie Cutler

2004 the best of times. Thanks for the reminder. 
Dixie Cutler

Sent from Dix’s iPhone

On Oct 28, 2020, at 12:33 PM, M. Diane Rogers <diane_rogers@...> wrote:

Feeling nostalgic today. Just came across this photo from the 2004 Reunion on Islay.

Lots more Reunion photos on Steve Gilchrist's Isle of Islay site: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~steve/islay/photos/sue/2004a/islay2004a.html
I think these are all or mostly Sue Visser's photos. Thank you, Sue. 

<islay breakfast 2004.JPG>

Sue Visser

Hi Diane.  Thank you for fun memories.  Yes the pics are mine 😊. I've looked at the participant pics through the years.  I miss seeing some of those folks on our present list.

Take care and keep well wishes to all.
Sue

Malcolm Campbell

The reunion I attended in Peterborough in 2005 was so memorable. Met a 4th cousin.

Malcolm Campbell

Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Islay] Islay Reunion 2004

Hi Diane.  Thank you for fun memories.  Yes the pics are mine 😊. I've looked at the participant pics through the years.  I miss seeing some of those folks on our present list.

Sue

Carolyn Harmon

Enjoyed both Islay and Peterborough gatherings! I also met cousins while in Ontario.  (I hope this reply doesn't copy everything. I had trouble with that before.)
Carolyn

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 8:02 PM Malcolm Campbell <malcolmr.campbell@...> wrote:
The reunion I attended in Peterborough in 2005 was so memorable. Met a 4th cousin.

Malcolm Campbell

Sue

Malcolm Campbell

My mistake. OOOps

At the Peterborough gathering,

Ancestry just told me she was a 5th cousin. Shared common 4th great grandparents.

Bit of a stretch

Malcolm Campbell

Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 7:22 AM

Enjoyed both Islay and Peterborough gatherings! I also met cousins while in Ontario.  (I hope this reply doesn't copy everything. I had trouble with that before.)
Carolyn

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 8:02 PM Malcolm Campbell <malcolmr.campbell@...> wrote:

Malcolm Campbell

Sue

tsinclair@...

Hello to all of you Islay researchers.   Yes, the "Return of the Children" was a wonderful gathering back in 2004 - so great to meet the folks we had been corresponding with!
Sorry to have been absent for the last couple of years, but it's nice to see familiar names who are still here, and I look forward to "meeting" newer members and getting caught up. I'm still tracing all Islay Sinclairs, so if any of you have some hiding in the closet, please dust them off and let's compare notes.
Best wishes to all of you for successful research in the coming year.
Toni

Malcolm Campbell

Hey Toni 
Welcome back.

Took pictures at the Islay gathering in 2005. Great to meet other Islay researchers there.
Among whom was my Christine Harenberg who is my 5th cousin through the common Islay ancestor listed below, our 5th gg Alexander McDOUGALL and Christine SINCLAIR.

We last met at an OGS annual several years back

Had I told you that my 4th gg was Christina SINCLAIR, b. circa 1760, m.  to John McDOUGALL, also b. circa 1760.
Their daughter was Christina McDOUGALL, b. 1794 in Grastle, (Grastill) the Oa, Islay, Argyle, Scotland,
m. on 26 Feb 1812 in BOTP -- Kilarrow  Islay, Argyle, Scotland, to
John McDOUGALL b. 1783 also in Grastle, (Grastill) the Oa, Islay, Argyle, Scotland
They had 8 children, one of whom was my gg Mary McDOUGALL who married Malcolm CURRIE. Guess whom I’m ultimately named for?

Sent: Monday, January 04, 2021 9:24 PM

Hello to all of you Islay researchers.   Yes, the "Return of the Children" was a wonderful gathering back in 2004 - so great to meet the folks we had been corresponding with!
Sorry to have been absent for the last couple of years, but it's nice to see familiar names who are still here, and I look forward to "meeting" newer members and getting caught up. I'm still tracing all Islay Sinclairs, so if any of you have some hiding in the closet, please dust them off and let's compare notes.
Best wishes to all of you for successful research in the coming year.
Toni