Topics

Islay plaque"

M. Diane Rogers

Just wondering if anyone else has a little Islay plaque like this one.

At its widest, about 3 1/2 inches; 4 1/2 inches long. Painted on thin laminated? wood.

No initials or signature. On the back is a hook and a tag - in my grandmother's hand - "Islay Island".

Found with old photos...after my grandmother was gone. I know neither she nor my mum ever went to Islay in Scotland - and Mum not to Islay in Ontario, or even Alberta.

However, one of my great aunts did work in the hospital in Islay, Alberta for a while. It just occurred to me - perhaps it had been hers? Some kind of souvenir? Although she wasn't from the Islay Scotland side of the family. (Wish I could ask!)

Diane

Sharee Hughes

The picture definitely looks like slay, Scotland. Hope you can find out where it came from.

Sharee