Topics

Islay-Currie/McNevin

Dianne Taeckens

It looks like I am getting near the last to answer to the Roll Call email.  My family name connection to Islay include Currie, McNevin (which I know is spelled multiple ways), McArthur, McDermid, McIntyre, McAulay.  I have had the pleasure of visiting Islay but, unfortunately, only found possible relatives in the cemeteries.  I live in Michigan and am a descendant of the same families as another member of this group, Lynn Seamark.

Neil Currie (1811-1875) m. Christina McNevin – they are my 2x great grandparents.  They were from Kilchoman.  I was fortunate to visit the remans of the church where they were married on Islay.  They left Islay for Erin Twp, Ontario, with their three children (Gilbert, Jane & John) as well as Neil’s brother Peter Currie and his wife Jane McNevin (sister of Christina) and their five children.   Later Christina came to Michigan with her son Peter Currie (my great grandfather) and his family.

Neil Currie’s parents were Gilbert Currie (1769-1828) and Margaret McArthur (1773-1861).  Margaret’s parents are James McArthur & Catherine McDermid.  Gilbert’s parents are unknown.

Christina McNevin’s parents are Archibald McNevin (1786-1851) and Jane Vise McIntyre (1782-1864).  Archibald’s father was Alexander McNevin (1750-?).  Jane’s parents were John McIntyre (1761-?) and Susan McAulay (1761-?).

Dianne

Dianne Taeckens