Topics

Flora Keith

Merle Duncan

I have reached a brick wall with my ancestor Flora Keith. I have a baptismal record for Janet McFadgen Apr 18 1805 stating her father's name as John McFadean and place of birth as Knock. A previous inquiry to this list got the following info: Knock is cnoc Raonistil and her probable mother is Flora Keith. This info was provided by Roger McWee several years ago. My search since for Flora Keith has not proved fruitful. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Chas Houston <cmcfhouston@...>

Hi ,

I don't have anything on Flora Keith's parentage but I have a tree for her descendents as attached.

Regards

Charles

On 29-Jan-20 7:23 PM, Merle Duncan wrote:
I have reached a brick wall with my ancestor Flora Keith. I have a baptismal record for Janet McFadgen Apr 18 1805

J LOCHRIDGE

Hello, Are you looking for Flora married to Nicol Keith, in which case her maiden name was Brown.  Her father may have been Roger Brown, don't know the mother but she was born in 1806.  Apologies if it is another Flora that you seek
Regards
Johan

On Wednesday, 29 January 2020, 19:23:11 GMT, Merle Duncan <clanduncan@...> wrote:

I have reached a brick wall with my ancestor Flora Keith. I have a baptismal record for Janet McFadgen Apr 18 1805 stating her father's name as John McFadean and place of birth as Knock. A previous inquiry to this list got the following info: Knock is cnoc Raonistil and her probable mother is Flora Keith. This info was provided by Roger McWee several years ago. My search since for Flora Keith has not proved fruitful. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Merle Duncan

Thank you, Charles. I have been away from home with limited computer access so I apologize for the late reply. This is very helpful. It fills in a lot of blanks in that line. I remain hopeful for more details on Flora but I am realistic enough to know that may never happen.
Merle

I don't have anything on Flora Keith's parentage but I have a tree for her descendents as attached.

Regards

Charles

On 29-Jan-20 7:23 PM, Merle Duncan wrote:
I have reached a brick wall with my ancestor Flora Keith. I have a
baptismal record for Janet McFadgen Apr 18 1805

M E Fuller

Flora Brown Keith is my gggmother. Roger Brown is as far back as I have been able to go with er, thanks to Johan.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020, 1:26 PM J LOCHRIDGE via Groups.Io <j.lochridge=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

No. My Flora is maiden name Keith and the birth date is too late as well but thank you for the response.

Merle