From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Murfett
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:24 PM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [Islay] Family members

Hi Everyone, I’m from Australia and interested in the McArthur and Graham family lines. Members lived in/around, Balevicar, Ballineal, Kildalton, Bowmore, Killarrow.(unsure of these spellings as I have seen a variety of spelling ways). Especially interested in these families prior to 1830. Cheers.

Rebecca Campbell

Hi John ,

My 3G Grandmother was Elizabeth Graham who married William Campbell in 1801 they lived at both Taycarmagan and Ballivicar. Ultimately Elizabeth and some of their children would emigrate to Canada in the 1840s. I believe that one of William and Elizabeth's daughters married a McArthur as there is an Ann McArthur in the 1841 census with the family and she is treated comparable to the known grandchild that is there rather than the hired help.  Very likely that we are connected.

Rebecca