From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> On Behalf Of H. B. via groups.io
Sent: 01 January 2021 22:44
To: GEN LIST - ISLAY <islay@scotland-genealogy.groups.io>
Subject: [Islay] email address

A dcument came out recently that had all the people that were doing research on their Islay ancestry. I noticed that the list had an old e-mail address for me. I had sent in the up-to-date one but it hasn't been changed. Could anyone tell me who I should contact to get that changed. sesrching for Calder, Campbell, MacDougall

Hazel Bochinski
haz57cal@yahoo.ca

Morag Fowler

Where did you find the list, Hazel? I would like to see it and check that I am on it.

wishing you a good new year,
Morag

Morag Fowler

Sorry, hadn’t noticed the attachment.  My e-address too is wildly out of date. You have my current address, Iain, but I’ll put it here - morag.fowler@....

best wishes,
Morag

Sue Visser

This list is so much outdated, it might be a better idea to ask Steve to delete it entirely. At a quick glance, I see 2 who are deceased (Robert Keith, Ted Larson) and 4 whose email addresses are changed (Helen Blair, Dixie Cutler, Jean Hutchinson, and Toni Sinclair) and that's probably just the tip of the iceberg.

The view from here,

The original researchers list was compiled by Johan and myself a good few years ago. It was passed to Steve Gilchrist who added it to his Islay Data site, now on Rootsweb. I don't know if this site can still be accessed, amended or deleted. Steve Gilchrist, can you advise? Hazel, I have updated your details on my master list and attached it the updated copy.

Regards

Iain MacIntosh

A dcument came out recently that had all the people that were doing research on their Islay ancestry. I noticed that the list had an old e-mail address for me. I had sent in the up-to-date one but it hasn't been changed. Could anyone tell me who I should contact to get that changed. sesrching for Calder, Campbell, MacDougall

Hazel Bochinski
haz57cal@yahoo.ca

J LOCHRIDGE

Yes Sue, I have no objection to that

Happy New Year from Sunny west coast of Scotland

Johan

-----Original Message----- From: Iain MacIntosh
Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 4:15 AM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io

The original researchers list was compiled by Johan and myself a good few years ago. It was passed to Steve Gilchrist who added it to his Islay Data site, now on Rootsweb. I don't know if this site can still be accessed, amended or deleted. Steve Gilchrist, can you advise? Hazel, I have updated your details on my master list and attached it the updated copy.

Regards

Iain MacIntosh

A dcument came out recently that had all the people that were doing research on their Islay ancestry. I noticed that the list had an old e-mail address for me. I had sent in the up-to-date one but it hasn't been changed. Could anyone tell me who I should contact to get that changed. sesrching for Calder, Campbell, MacDougall

Hazel Bochinski
haz57cal@...

pavana gem

I see my email address is also outdated.  it should  be pavanagem@....   I have a suggestion.  I wonder if whoever does a new  list could add the gedcom number for those that have one.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

--

Janis

Helen Campbell Blair <helencblair@...>

Please don't delete the list  -  even if it is badly outdated there may
be value for someone !

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 9:33 AM Sue Visser <genealgal2@...> wrote:
This list is so much outdated, it might be a better idea to ask Steve to
delete it entirely.  At a quick glance, I see 2 who are deceased (Robert
Keith, Ted Larson) and 4 whose email addresses are changed (Helen Blair,
Dixie Cutler, Jean Hutchinson, and Toni Sinclair) and that's probably just
the tip of the iceberg.

The view from here,

A dcument came out recently that had all the people that were doing research
on their Islay ancestry. I noticed that the list had an old e-mail address
for me. I had sent in the up-to-date one  but it hasn't been changed. Could
anyone tell me who I should contact to get that changed. sesrching for
Calder,  Campbell, MacDougall

Hazel Bochinski
haz57cal@...

M. Diane Rogers

I agree with Helen. We can start a new list - and date it. Maybe link to the older lists.

Diane
M Diane Rogers

Please don't delete the list - even if it is badly outdated there may
be value for someone !

M. Diane Rogers

Did you mean a GEDmatch kit #?

I was wondering how many of us with a direct maternal or paternal Islay line have joined the Islay/Hebrides DNA group at Family Tree DNA.

Diane
M Diane Rogers

I see my email address is also outdated. it should be
pavanagem@gmail.com. I have a suggestion. I wonder if whoever does a
new list could add the gedcom number for those that have

Dixie Cutler

I agree with Diane and Helen. That list is still useful but would be great to update it.
Dixie Cutler.

Sent from Dix’s iPhone

On Jan 2, 2021, at 8:18 AM, M. Diane Rogers <diane_rogers@shaw.ca> wrote:

I agree with Helen. We can start a new list - and date it. Maybe link to the older lists.

Diane
M Diane Rogers

Please don't delete the list - even if it is badly outdated there may
be value for someone !

pavana gem

Yes. Sorry. Not fully awake.

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 8:27 AM M. Diane Rogers <diane_rogers@...> wrote:
Did you mean a GEDmatch kit #?

I was wondering how many of us with a direct maternal or paternal Islay line have joined the Islay/Hebrides DNA group at Family Tree DNA.

Diane
M Diane Rogers

Malcolm Campbell

Good list. Keep it

A dcument came out recently that had all the people that were doing research
on their Islay ancestry. I noticed that the list had an old e-mail address
for me. I had sent in the up-to-date one but it hasn't been changed. Could
anyone tell me who I should contact to get that changed. sesrching for
Calder, Campbell, MacDougall

Hazel Bochinski
haz57cal@...

Ken Harrison

The address shown for me is at least 15 years out of date and I think there was a later version of the list.
Perhaps someone saved a copy of a later version?
Ken Harrison

The original researchers list was compiled by Johan and myself a good few years ago. It was passed to Steve Gilchrist who added it to his Islay Data site, now on Rootsweb. I don't know if this site can still be accessed, amended or deleted. Steve Gilchrist, can you advise? Hazel, I have updated your details on my master list and attached it the updated copy.

Regards

Iain MacIntosh

A dcument came out recently that had all the people that were doing research
on their Islay ancestry. I noticed that the list had an old e-mail address
for me. I had sent in the up-to-date one but it hasn't been changed. Could
anyone tell me who I should contact to get that changed. sesrching for
Calder, Campbell, MacDougall

Hazel Bochinski
haz57cal@...

hgriffin@...

Hello all
Yes, my email address on the spreadsheet is a very old one,  but the one I sign in with here still works OK.  It's hgriffin@...
I am currently writing up the story of another branch of the family but hope to get back to the Islay story within a year.  It will be good to connect then with old friends.
Heather Griffin

Steve G <steve99166@...>

Hi guys,

Let’s see if I can answer the various queries below…………

The original Islay/Rootsweb list was started in conjunction with the Islay branch of my genealogy.  Admittedly the list and the website together produced some big steps towards overall genealogical research about Islay.  When I took my leave in 2003, and left the list to others, the website became static, and the list suffered and faded.   Most of you know the story.

Facebook has been a good place to shift to, everyone can share stories, and pictures – plus it has gone far beyond what the initial intention of my website was – it’s become a forum for lots of other Islay memories that don’t really apply to digging for our ancestors roots, it’s been very enjoyable to sit back and watch.

Now, Sue asked about asking me to delete the list – my reservation would be that there is a good deal of data contained in the archival messages for the list.  I don’t know if deleting the list would also delete that – that would be unacceptable to me – but otherwise the existing list serves very little purpose.  Plus I’m not certain that I could delete it, the control of the list has changed hands……..

And yes, Iain, my website is still there, the URL has not changed:

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~steve/islay/data.htm

A few of the external links from my website, do not work, but all the original content is still there.

Hazel, you may find some information here:

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~steve/islay/surnames.htm

Some of the email addys may be outdated though.

I’ve found that most people don’t seem to be aware of all the info that is available on my website.  I’m not one to be much of a self-promoter, but everyone should feel free to share links to my website, and even to specific pages that people may appreciate.  Again, my time is not centered on genealogy, and I don’t follow the Old Islay FB page very diligently either, but do stop by from time to time.

Hope everyone is well and coping with all the challenges the covid pandemic has brought to the world.

Cheers,

Steve G

Seattle

[...]

Hi Steve,

Status quo  -  please..

I still, as I think you know,  refer to your site from time to time and I have occasionally directed others to it as well.

Please keep safe and well.

Helen