Topics

Donald McDuffie and Islay

Donald McDuffie and Family

I am trying to learn more about my second great-grandfather, Donald McDuffie (16 April 1814 to 25 January 1892. I believe he was born in Cornabus and I know emigrated to Canada, where he died in Markdale, Ontario.  I believe his parents were John McDuffie and Diana Campbell. Donald arrived in Canada about 1849.

I know Donald McDuffie served as a postmaster in Markdale which was named Cornabus, after the hometown of Donald(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdale,_Ontario).

I have attached the only photo I have of Donald McDuffie which was taken in Canada.

Does anyone have any connections or information about Donald McDuffie or his parents John McDuffie and Diana Campbell?

Thanks much,

Justin Baer

Iain Brown

Justin,

I have a number of McDuffies in my tree and (in case you haven’t come across it already) there is a 1841 census record for your Donald in Cornabus, with his mother and four older sisters, Marion, Eliza, Bell (Isobel) and Catherine.  Donald is described as a tax man and, aged 22, he was the head of the household.

Cheers,

Iain Brown

On 18 Apr 2020, at 18:08, Donald McDuffie and Family <jebaer1@...> wrote:

I am trying to learn more about my second great-grandfather, Donald McDuffie (16 April 1814 to 25 January 1892. I believe he was born in Cornabus and I know emigrated to Canada, where he died in Markdale, Ontario.  I believe his parents were John McDuffie and Diana Campbell. Donald arrived in Canada about 1849.

I know Donald McDuffie served as a postmaster in Markdale which was named Cornabus, after the hometown of Donald(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdale,_Ontario).

I have attached the only photo I have of Donald McDuffie which was taken in Canada.

Does anyone have any connections or information about Donald McDuffie or his parents John McDuffie and Diana Campbell?

<Donald and Sarah MacDuff_ie_ _1_.jpg>
Thanks much,

Justin Baer