From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Philip Hubsmith via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 5:01 PM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Islay] Roll Call ?

Hi Russ,

Thank-you very much for that, it is great information - I looked at my family history some time ago and it is on my 'to do list' to get back into it

Where can I find information on the location of Craast, my internet search does not bring anything up?

Thank-you again!

Phil Hubsmith

On 24/01/2020 21:25, Russ McGillivray wrote:

Phil,

Years ago I put together a database of Islay McGilvrays.

I have that Ann who married Angus McFadyen (18 Jan 1831, Kilarrow) was baptized 19 Jun 1794, Kilarrow, daughter of Donald McGilvray and Florence Fletcher. When Ann was baptized her father was already deceased. He was a herdsman at Craast in 1791 when their daughter Catharine was baptized. Donald and Florence married 24 Feb 1788 at Kilarrow.

Ann’s death in 19 Mar 1874, Kilarrow, is in Ted Larsen’s database of Islay Death Registrations.

By the way, Hugh’s baptism was 1 Jun 1834 so the birthdate of 1835 is a bit late.

Russ McGillivray