Topics

Books by Scott Buie

Chris MacDougall

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way that I could purchase a copy of the book called "The People of the Parish of Jura," written by Scott Buie.

It used to be available in some locations, but a recent search hasn't turned up any results.

I ask because of my hope that there may be some further hints in the book regarding the multiple McDougald families that went to North Carolina, as well as those who stayed longer on the Isle.

Any information or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and all the best,

Chris

J LOCHRIDGE

C&E Roy Bookshop in Bowmore may be able to help

You will find it on a google search

Good Luck

Johan

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way that I could purchase a copy of the book called "The People of the Parish of Jura," written by Scott Buie.

It used to be available in some locations, but a recent search hasn't turned up any results.

I ask because of my hope that there may be some further hints in the book regarding the multiple McDougald families that went to North Carolina, as well as those who stayed longer on the Isle.

Any information or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and all the best,

Chris

Sue Visser

Scott Buie was a member of SCT-ISLAY but I don’t know if he’s still around.  Back then, his email was jsbuie@...

There is a Facebook page called Isle of Jura – perhaps some help there?

Since you have North Carolina interest, perhaps Argyll Colony Plus can help.  https://theargyllcolonyplus.org/publications/

Happy hunting!
Sue Visser