Topics

Ancestry news

Sue Visser

Not good news I fear.  And I suspect Ancestry will be more expensive (and out of my budget!) in the not so distant future .... and I’ll bet they’re delighted to be able to access all those Ancestry DNA results too.

Sue Visser

Allan Moore

Yes I am sure they will be interested but 23&me would have been a better fit for Medical DNA results.

It has spent more than $1 billion this year investing in drugs that target high cholesterol, kidney disease in children and devices for diabetes patients.”

On Aug 5, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Sue Visser <genealgal2@...> wrote:

Not good news I fear.  And I suspect Ancestry will be more expensive (and out of my budget!) in the not so distant future .... and I’ll bet they’re delighted to be able to access all those Ancestry DNA results too.

Sue Visser

Lola Cook

Wow!  Getting too big for their britches, I fear!

Lola Cook

On Aug 5, 2020, at 1:18 PM, Sue Visser <genealgal2@...> wrote:

Not good news I fear.  And I suspect Ancestry will be more expensive (and out of my budget!) in the not so distant future .... and I’ll bet they’re delighted to be able to access all those Ancestry DNA results too.

Sue Visser

Sharee Hughes

I have a friend who works for ancestry and I asked him what difference it would make. He said ancestry has been sold several times over  the years and he doesm't think it will make any difference.