From: Lynn Seamark
Sent: January 12, 2022 12:15 PM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [Islay] 1828 Islay Black book has both locations

FARM

FARM 2

FARM 3

#

SURNAME

GIVEN NAME

REMARKS

Ardbeg

20

McDougall

Duncan

Ardinisdale

137

McDougall

Duncan,carpenter

Ardinisdale

136

McDougall, heirs

Duncan

D.McD, the present tenant is deeply in arrears

Ardlarach

179

Woodrow

Miss?

Ardmore

`

15

Campbell

Archibald

Ardnave

453

McDonald

Archibald

Ardruah

360

Currie

James

Ardtallah

4

Currie

Donald

Opposed to the removing from Kilchiaran

Ardtallah

5

Currie

John Sr.

Opposed to the removing from Kilchiaran

Ardtallah

6

Currie

John,  Jr.

Opposed to the removing from Kilchiaran

Ardtallah

7

Currie

Lachlan

Opposed to the removing from Kilchiaran

Ardtallah

8

McEachern

John

Opposed to the removing from Kilchiaran

Ardtallah

3

McIntyre

Duncan

Arduahow

338

Campbell

Archibald

Aryghuary

183

McCowan

Peter

Aryghuary

181

McPhaden

John

Aryghuary

182

Smith

John

J.S.is one of the Elders who certified the capacity of Currie Ardman (?)

Aryveg (?)

601

McArthur

Malcolm

Assibus

70

McCuaig

John

Assibus

71

McCuaig

Widow

Assibus

72

McCuaig

James

Auchnacarnan

21

McTavish

Rev

Auchnaclach

300

Shawfield

Avinlussa

184

McArthur

Donald

Avinlussa

186

McDiarmid

Ja's & M(?)

Avinlussa

187

McIntyre

Neil

Avinlussa

188

McIntyre

Alexander

Avinlussa

185

McMillan

Niel

Avinvogie

190

Beaton

Gilbert

Avinvogie

192

Livingston

Duncan

Avinvogie

189

McArthur

Donald

Avinvogie

191

McArthur

John

Avinvogie

193

McQueen

John

Ballighillin

277

Currie

Alexander

Ballighillin

276

Kirkland

Hugh

HK is one of the Elders who certified Currie Ardma's (?) capacity

Ballighillin

278

McVorran

John

Ballighillin

275

Smith

Donald

Balligrant

331

Carrick

William

Balligrant

329

Gray

Alex

Alex Gray is heavy in arrears

Balligrant

330

Mcdougall

John

Balligrant

328

McGilvray

Archibald

Balliharry

389

Bell

Duncan

Balliharry

390

Bell

Archibald

Balliharry

386

Brown

Duncan

Balliharry

384

Currie

Murdoch

this is a notorious farm for disorderly conduct -

Balliharry

385

Currie

Donald

Balliharry

391

Gillespy

Dugald

Balliharry

383

Logan

Balliharry

392

McArthur

John

Balliharry

388

McDuffie

John

Balliharry

387

Smith

Gilbert

Ballimartin & C

381

Campbell

William

Ballimony

540

McNeill,    heirs

John

Ballitarsin

268

Cameron

John and Allan

Ballitarsin

270

Campbell, widow

A.

Ballitarsin

274

Currie

Duncan

Ballitarsin

271

McInnes

Murdoch

Ballitarsin

272

McMillan

Angus

Ballitarsin

269

Niven

John and Dugald

Ballitarsin

266

Robertson

Archibald

Ballitarsin

267

Robertson

Donald

D.R. is deeply in arrears

Ballitarsin

273

Torry

George

Ballychatrigan

83

Carmichael

John

Ballychatrigan

84

Carmichael

Duncan

Ballychatrigan

78

Gilchrist

John

Ballychatrigan

82

Graham

Alex'r Sr.

Ballychatrigan

85

Graham

Duncan

son of William

Ballychatrigan

86

Graham

Peter

son of John

Ballychatrigan

87

Graham

Duncan

son of Alex

Ballychatrigan

89

Graham

Duncan

son of Peter

Ballychatrigan

81

Graham, widow

Peter Sr.

Ballychatrigan

80

McArthur

Gilbert

Ballychatrigan

77

McNab

Duncan

Ballychatrigan

79

McNab

Andrew & son

A.M. and son are disorderly and not good payers

Ballychatrigan

88

McVorran

Duncan