Topics

Old Bowmore circa 1910

Janice McClelland

Fabulous photo! If I'm deducing correctly from the map, this is taken at the harbour looking up Main Street. This was taken within a couple of years of my husband's grandmother leaving Islay so gives us an indepth sense of what Bowmore looked like as she grew up. If only we had a photo of her as a young woman, we'd really be able to 'see' her here.Thanks for sharing.

https://www.islayinfo.com/discover-islay-map.html
Regards,
Jan

Sharee Hughes

This is awesom, Thank you.

Sharee

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 8:43 AM Seymour Hosking <seymourh@...> wrote:
I hope this photograph is visible to others.  I posted it to the Old Islay group on Facebook.
Many people said it helped them think of where their ancestors had walked.

J LOCHRIDGE

Thank you for posting