Re: Russ McGilvray - McFadyens

Philip Hubsmith

Hi Roger,

Thank-you! some great information for my family tree - Angus and Ann are my GG Grandparents on my mothers side with Donald the Postmaster being the brother of my G Grandfather Hugh McFadyen. The new group has given me the push to get back researching!

Is there somewhere I can get more info for the graves at Bowmore (Bowmore new parish churchyard?) - grave list and location, Donald's does not seem to be listed in findagrave web site, I am contemplating a visit in spring or summer this year

I apologise if some questions are pretty 'basic', I am a bit of a novice at family research

Once again thank-you!

Phil Hubsmith, Erskine, Scotland
On 25/01/2020 09:44, Roger via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi Russ.
Thought this might be of interest to you :
Inscription – Bowmore graveyard
In loving memory of Donald McFadyen Postmaster Bowmore who died 26th March 1899 aged 66 years his wife Euphemia Morrison who died 24th Jan. 1885 aged 55 years his father Angus McFadyen who died 8th July aged 60 years his mother Ann McGilvray who died 19th March  1874 aged 80 years his daughter Ann who died 7th Nov. 1962 aged 66 years

Regards Roger