Re: Roll Call ?

mearnsmg@btinternet.com

Hi Diane,

My interests:

McAulay, McPhaiden, Robertson & McKechnie.

My GreatGrandmother was Jane McAulay born Portnahaven 26/11/1828, died Greenock 21/10/1891.

Jane's parents were Alexander born Islay, 1782?, died Garnkirk Lanarkshire 30/11/1860 & Jane MacPhaiden born Ardmore Argyll 1786? died Garnkirk 26/8/1871.

Alexander's parents were Gilbert McAulay and Janet Robertson.

Jane MacPhaiden's parents were Duncan MacPhaiden and Marggret McKechnie, both dead before Jane.

My GreatGrandmother had 3 brothers (Duncan1821/1887, Donald 1823/1849, Gilbert 1824/1912) and 1 sister Janet (1826/1849). The family had moved to Garnkirk by the time of the 1841 census, where Donald, Gilbert and Janet, died. Duncan died in Greenock.

MyGGFather, Alexander, had 1 sister Jean (b1789?/d 1869 in Portnahaven) who married a Hugh Campbell.

I have not been able to connent my McAulays with any other McAulays of Islay.

Regards

Mick Mearns