Re: Roll Call ?

Julie Prusila

I took piano lessons about 1965 from Bertha McLellan when I lived in Mount Forest. Ancestry says she’s a second cousin 2x removed. I believe she was spinster and cared for her blind mother Janet McDermid.

Julie

On Jan 9, 2022, at 3:44 PM, Anna Mclellan via groups.io <annamclellan@...> wrote:

Yes, that’s my uncle. And I believe his sister Bertha McLellan was also engaged to a Lamont, broken off in part because the tragedy of Charles death followed on the untimely death of their father, leaving my grandmother bereft.

On Jan 9, 2022, at 3:41 PM, Julie Prusila <juliep@...> wrote:

Possibly. I have 9 Charles McLellans born in 1800s. I know Dr Charles W McLellan died suddenly in 1929 in Holstein ON.

Julie Prusila
613-447-2377

On Jan 9, 2022, at 3:32 PM, Anna Mclellan via groups.io <annamclellan@...> wrote:

My uncle Charles McLellan was engaged to a Lamont before he died suddenly; could it be a relation?
Anna McLellan

On Jan 9, 2022, at 3:24 PM, Julie Prusila <juliep@...> wrote:

My grandmother was a Lamont in Mount Forest ON
My 3rd great grandfather Archibald Lamont McLellan 1790 Kilmartin/1870 Arthur Twp

…………
My 3rd great grandfather Angus John Lamont 1767 Islay/1851 Mount Forest and Lucie Ogilvie

2nd great grandfather Duncan Lamont about 1798 Islay/1888 Mount Forest On and Ann McEachern 1807 Smaull Kilchoman Islay/1894 Mt Forest on

Great grandfather Duncan Edward Lamont 1848 Arthur Twp/1928 and Catharine C McLellan 1856 Arthur Two/1944 Arthur twp

Grandfather Jabez Robert Charles Barnard 1889 Middlesex twp/1964 Mt Forest and Sarah Isabella “Minnie” Lamont 1888 Mt Forest/1936 Mt Forest

Julie Barnard Prusila

On Jan 9, 2022, at 2:42 PM, Anne Goeden <annegoeden@...> wrote:

Hi I'm Anne and my two main lines from Islay are Lamont and Currie.

  My Lamont ancestor was Coll Lamont from Portnellan, Kilmeny.  He was a dancing master and emigrated to Canada in late 1851.  His siblings ( who remained in Islay) were Gilbert Lamont (died 1853) John Lamont ( died 1847) Godfrey Lamont ( died 1860)  Archibald ( died before 1851 his widow Margaret McPhee is living at Shenigart on 1851 census) a sister Mary ( who died sometime after 1849 and was married to Murdoch Currie of Bowmore)

Coll Lamont's wife was Mary Currie.( 1794-1877) her brother Donald Currie ( 1806-1877) Unknown parents  but the mother believed to be a Sinclair.  Donald Currie emigrated about 1830 to Chinguacousy Township, Peel County Ontario. He moved to Bruce County Ontario in 1854.

Julie Prusila, who are your Lamonts?

Anne Goeden

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 11:15 AM Julie Prusila <juliep@...> wrote:
Perhaps. McLellan, Currie, Lamont, McGillivray.

Julie