From: S K
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 2:18 PM
To: Islay@scotland-genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Islay] Roll Call ?

This has been very helpful Iain thank you! I have found Neil (Neall) McArthur’s and Mary Campbell’s marriage certificate from parish #541 in Kilmeny and their son John’s baptismal record in the same parish. He would have been two years old when they sailed with Captain Campbell to NY. On the baptismal record it records the “place” - presumably where they lived and it’s listed as Ardtallay. Does anyone know is this an actual area on Islay or would this be in reference to the farm there that exists now as a resort? When I went to the farms website, it talks about how it was owned by the McArthurs!

I’m blown away by these discoveries. Thank you all for your help!

Shelley

On Jan 9, 2022, at 11:09 AM, Lorne & Susan Campbell <lornesusan.campbell1@...> wrote:

Is there any way to change my email address of the researchers list from

jlorne dot campbell At symp At Ico dot Ca to LorneSusan.Campbell1@...

I am still researching the names and would love to interact with other researchers.

Note the 1 after Campbell

Much appreciated.

Lorne

jlorne dot campbell At symp At ico dot ca

Sent from Mail for Windows