Re: Orkney connection?

Ken Harrison

Toni,
I have family history in both Islay and Orkney, but on separate lines.  On both lines, there are peripheral connections to Sinclairs.
There are lots of Sinclairs or St. Clairs in Orkney and migration between the two islands is quite logical, but I have not noticed any tales of family migration as indicated in your message.

Ken Harrison

On May 27, 2021, at 4:48 AM, tsinclair@... wrote:

Hello all,
I've recently been contacted by someone with a Mullindry Sinclair connection.  He is quite sure his Sinclair ancestor and his brother, the sons of a "Magnus Sinclair" from Orkney came to Islay and lived on Mullindry for two generations (up to the early 1820s), then emigrated to Canada.  Well, I've gone through every book and paper I've accumulated on the Islay Sinclairs, and I cannot find any evidence of this.  You would think that a son would at least name one of his sons "Magnus", but I've never found that name for any Islay Sinclair.
Does anyone on this Islay list have any family history going back to the Orkneys?
Toni
_._