Re: Request to join Old Islay

Allan Moore

Morag
Just a suggestion - create an account as “Morag F” and leave the photo blank, make sure all your details are for your eyes only and don’t add any friends. Then let the Admins know who you are.
Make sure you use 2 factor authentication so you don’t get hacked.
Allan

On May 25, 2021, at 11:50, Morag Fowler via groups.io <morag.fowler=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Flora,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I’ll try to find out how safe Facebook is nowadays. Apart from the friends’ trouble with it, I had to go to the police over a man getting my contact details - though not through Facebook, to be fair - and sending me threatening messages, and I’m still a bit jumpy about how I’m contactable..

Recently I had a look through the file I still have from the Return of the Children week. It was so well organised and enjoyable.

Regards,
Morag
On 25 May 2021, at 17:33, Flora MacAffer <fody1950@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Morag
I’m afraid you need a Facebook account to be able to join Old Islay and also our other page “Islay from the year 2000 to the present....”.
Regards
Flora
On 25 May 2021, at 17:27, Morag Fowler via groups.io <morag.fowler=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Flora,

Can you join the Facebook Old Islay page without having a Facebook account? If so, could you tell me how, please? I am wary of Facebook itself as friends were vilified on it without redress. However, I would like to join in the group if safe.

Best wishes,
Morag M Fowler