Re: WILLIAM, DONALD, DUNCAN MORRISON

Sue Visser

Hello Paul.  I’m not related.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,
Sue Visser (up the road in Guelph and been through Strabane many times)

A possibility from the 1841 Islay census transcriptions (so if this looks like your family, it’s wise to check out the original records)

Oa 69 3 Upper Killean William Morrison Male 50 Farmer ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Margaret Morrison Female 40
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Robert Morrison Male 22
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Catherine Morrison Female 18
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Donald Morrison Male 12
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Bell Morrison Female 8
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Margaret Morrison Female 6
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean John Morrison Male 4
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean Jane Morrison Female 2
ARY
Oa 69 3 Upper Killean N.K. Morrison Female 1 Wk
ARY

The same family in 1851 census:

Oa 16 6 Upper Killian William Morrison Male 62 Head Farmer Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Peggy Morrison Female 56 Wife
Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Donald Morrison Male 21 Son
Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Bell Morrison Female 19 Daughter
Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Peggy Morrison Female 17 Daughter
Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian John Morrison Male 15 Son Scholar Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Jean Morrison Female 13 Daughter Scholar Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian William Morrison Male 9 Son Scholar Oa
Oa 16 6 Upper Killian Katherine Morrison Female 3 Grand Daughter
Oa
Oa 17 6 Upper Killian Robert Morrison Male 32 Head Farm Servant Oa
Oa 17 6 Upper Killian Margaret Morrison Female 36 Wife
Kilchoman
Oa 17 6 Upper Killian Edward Morrison Male 3 Son
Oa